Have given below few more questions on Number Theory
- A 4-digit number of the form aabb is a perfect square. What is the value of a-b?
- LCM of three numbers is equal to 1080; HCF of the three numbers is equal to 2. How many such triplets are possible?
- N leaves a remainder of 4 when divided by 33, what are the possible remainders when N is divided by 55?
- November 13, 2010 Solutions to Number theory questions – LCM HCF Have given below solutions to the questions on Number Theory LCM, HCF. The questions can be found here.
Solutions sent it at the yahoogroups were more or less spot on, so I am just […] Posted in Number Theory
- November 10, 2010 Number Theory questions – LCM HCF Here are a few questions from LCM & HCF?
1. How many pairs of positive integers x,y exist such that HCF of, x,y = 35 and sum of x and y = 1085?
2. How many pairs of positive […] Posted in Number Theory
- November 11, 2010 Number Theory questions – LCM HCF Few more questions on LCM and HCF on Number Theory
1. How many pairs of integers (x,y) exist such that the product of x, y and HCF (x,y) = 1080?
2. Find the smallest number that […] Posted in Number Theory
- November 10, 2010 Solutions to Number Theory Questions – LCM and HCF Have given below solutions to questions given here . Apologies for the error in the 4th question that had been posted earlier (the question has now been removed). Had been thinking about […] Posted in Number Theory