Have given below four questions across topics. Will discuss the answers shortly.
1. Average of 6 distinct positive integers is 33. The median of the three largest numbers is 43. What is the difference between the highest and lowest possible median of the 6 numbers?
2. In class A, the ratio of boys to girls is 2:3. In class B the ratio of boys to girls is 4 : 5. If the ratio of boys to girls in both classes put together is 3 : 4, what is the ratio of number of girls in class A to number of girls in class B?
3. N is an 80-digit positive integer (in the decimal scale). All digits except the 44th digit (from the left) are 2. If N is divisible by 13, find the 26th digit.
4. A page is torn from a novel. The sum of the remaining digits is 10000. What is the sum of the two page-numbers on the torn page of this novel?
- March 5, 2011 Solutions – Mixed bag
Have given solutions to the questions posted here
1. Average of 6 distinct positive integers is 33. The median of the three largest numbers is 43. What is the difference between the […] Posted in Uncategorized
- December 20, 2014 CAT Linear Equations Question
A system of equations has 3 equations
3x + 4y + 5z = 11, 4x + 5y + 3z = 14 and 2x + 3y + kz = 6.
If the system of equations has no solution, find k.
This is a […] Posted in Linear & Quadratic Equations
- November 2, 2010 Interesting question from yahoogroups
This one was posted on our yahoogroups. The discussion was also interesting. This is one of my favourite questions. Probably the best question that has been posted to the groups this […] Posted in Linear & Quadratic Equations
- December 8, 2010 Percentages – Questions 1. a is x % of b, b is x% more than a. Find x?
2. A two digit number ab is 60% of x. The two-digit number formed by reversing the digits of ab is 60% more than x. Find x?
3. A is x % […] Posted in Percentages