Sides of a triangle are 6, 10 and x for what value of x is the area of the D the maximum?
A. 8 cms
B. 9 cms
C. 12 cms
D. None of these
Correct Answer: D
Side of a triangle are. 6, 10, x.
Area = 1/2 x 6 x 10 sin ÐBAC.
Area is maximum, when ÐBAC = 90o
x = sqrt(100 + 36) = sqrt(136)
There is a more algebraic method using hero’s formula. Try that also.
Answer Choice (D)
- June 13, 2013 CAT Geometry
x, y, z are integer that are side of an obtuse-angled triangle. If xy = 4, find z.
D. More than one possible value of z […] Posted in Geometry
- October 9, 2010 CAT Geometry Question Here is a good geometry question
The unequal side of an isosceles triangle is thrice the inradius of the triangle. What is the ratio of the longest side to the shortest side of this […] Posted in Geometry
- June 2, 2015 Online CAT Coaching: A few interesting True/False questions from Geometry
State whether the following statements are true or false
1. A parallelogram that circumscribes a circle has to be a square
2. A trapezium inscribed in a circle has to be an […] Posted in Geometry
- August 27, 2011 CAT Geometry Solutions Have given below the solutions to the questions on basic geometry
1. Perimeter of a triangle with integer sides is equal to 15. How many such triangles are possible?
This is just a […] Posted in Geometry